I aim to develop and apply a comprehensive approach to the development challenges of the Latin American and Caribbean region; in order to assure that all people have the right to create and inhabit healthy, humane and secure spaces.
My practice is based on the following principles:
- The preference of the common well-being over individual interests
- The humanization of architecture and the built environment
- The sustainable use of natural resources and the protection of natural ecosystems
- The development of resilience to climate change and geological hazards
- The dignity of informal human settlements
- The shift of a passive urban planning system towards a more active and creative paradigm adapted to contemporary realities